Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Eagerly Desire.

This I'm going to blog every night at 11pm thing is turning into every couple days maybe. oops. I have intentions to do so... I promise. Chelsea.. you will get your bedtime stories. :)
Alright. Yesterday = Monday= Golf Tournament. No, I didn't play golf. But I did direct cars to the parking lot.. yep. I have skills. After the golf tournament we did these things called Treasure Hunts. I'd never done it before so I wasn't really sure what goes on. Basically to do a treasure hunt you ask the Lord for words of knowledge about locations, names, appearances, prayer needs, and the unusual. & from that you go to places keeping in mind the things on your list and talk to people and pray for people. 
From the treasure hunt I realized something.. I have faith that God speaks to me. I know it's possible. I know He does speak to me.. and gives me things to share with people. But I lack confidence in speaking them to other people. If that makes any since. So last night, the Lord kept be up for a while. I asked for those fears and junk to be removed. I listened to a podcast. Eventually I went to sleep. kind of blindly set my bible down by my bed. I'm not much for the thumb through the bible and see where you land way of reading scripture.. but I woke up this morning and my bible was opened to Jeremiah and in the first chapter Jeremiah says "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child" and the Lord says "Do not say I am only a child. You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you" ... talk about a word speaking to the heart. 

So then today we learned about prophecy. In the words of Mark Nysewander, Prophecy is telling something God has spontaneously brought to the mind... so, hearing God then sharing it with people. AWESOME. then imagine what was going on inside me when they said and we'll do some practical application prophesying (ps. i think this word has connotations of like Isaiah and prophets of the old testament.. but paul says eagerly desire the gift of prophecy )over each other. ha ha! It was good though. I shared what was on my mind and even though it seemed psycho.. there was relevance most of the time .. and if not. its okay. tuck it away for a rainy day. 

Can I just mention how hard it is to sum up all the events of my day into a blog. And then if I haven't blogged in a while. CRAZY. I might even have to blog twice in one day. =p
I got my hammock today!!! YES! In time for the camping trip! WOO HOO. 
& I told everyone we needed to take a picture but it was in the morning and I didn't actually do it. sorry. :)


No comments: