Friday, May 29, 2009

2 weeks? ALREADY!?

So I know I've missed a few 11pm blogging times.. I've been staying at an intern's house & stuff. Ooops. I apologize (especially to my friend chelsea who says she reads my blogs as bedtime stories.. crazy girl!)

Back to the good stuff! Since I last blogged, I've become more familiar with the various routes to my summer home! YAY! I don't feel quite as lost in this place! 
Let me tell you a little bit about the internship! I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already! WHOA SMOKES! I'm sitting in the youth room right now.. a place that looks ALL too familiar! :) This internship is not your typical youth internship.. we have done zero admin work! Our internship is to feed us, sharpen us, teach us, train us, and over all just equip us for the future. All 8 of us have been called to this place in our lives right now. Almost everyday we have a time of teaching. Personally, I'm drinking that up. Just a little nugget from this week: 
"In Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his spirit" Ephesians 2:22
We all have access to the Father by the Spirit. Through faith, we can approach God with freedom and confidence. The Lord has really spoken that to me this week.. repairing my confidence after such a discouraging weekend. 

This week I also became very convicted about where I give focus. I am so easily distracted and very often can respond automatically to someone without thinking- yet I will watch a movie and pay attention to every detail!  & I read things without ever actually comprehending anything! & listening to teachings without processing anything they're saying. I've been praying for divine focus when meeting people, in conversations, and in listening to teaching. If there has ever been a time in my life where a focused mind is important I think the time is now. Good news, I have been focused! 
So let me tell you! This week the interns (some of which this was SO FAR OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONES!) we had to go to businesses in the community to ask for donations of gift cards or coupons or something to have as prized for our upcoming Golf Tournament June 1st. I went with Kurt & Matt! It was great! We had fun and were successful! &&& they let me go to REI which was like... YESSSSSSSSS! 

Upcoming events: 
You can pray for the golf tournament on Monday. It's to support our Summer Camp. 
We have a camping trip next weekend. I'm really excited. 
Next week is also the first Youth Group that the interns help plan. YIKES. 
:)

Things to look forward to on the blog: Monday.. I am requiring the interns to take a picture together. So that you have some faces to the names. :)

For those of you that found this blog through Kristin and Robert's .. Welcome Welcome. 
Those of you that I know.. I miss you. &  I love you and can't wait for all the things to come this summer in each of your lives. 

Comment on my blog. because I would like that. Don't be shy. 
:)

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I was wondering why its been harder to fall asleep recently. You're very right, its because I haven't known every detail of your life.

AH. Meels. You are LEARNING. Your mind is EXPANDING. And focus? I am really impressed that you are targeting that in prayer.

You're amazing. I love you. and REALLY want to see pictures.

kurt said...

Balla! I love that you are blogging. I'm a fan I guess.