Sunday, May 9, 2010

Forever

I joked last time about butchering the lyrics... i was fairly certain i'd gotten them right.
Today... I'm not even sure what we were singing.
my note to myself says: "Honor, Glory, and Power Forever"
I know this was a follow up to:
Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who Was and is and is to come.
This always strikes me.
Holy. Holy. Holy. is the lord God Almighty. Who was an is and is to come. The words are powerful... no doubt. I want to understand holy. Simple song. Simple refrain. What gets me is the reference ... DAY AND NIGHT THEY NEVER STOP SAYING...
Holy, Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who Was and Is and Is to come.
I can't speak it enough. When I lack words I know that there is an infinite chorus to join saying Holy is the Lord God Almighty.
Who Was and Is and Is to come.
The phrase covers past, present, and future. ... but it has been said forever. I'm not sure if this hits you in the same way it hits me. Maybe it does. Or maybe you think I'm babbling.
Whatever.
I'm stuck on this phrase. This refrain. I'm stuck here.
I think there is power in praise. I think it is good to spend a season... or some time... reflecting on the praise or praising the Lord.
I'm encouraged by it. I hope you are too.
Once again... I say I agree with Daniel Bashta's choice of worship today. I could write a blurb about every single song played today. And the way it struck me personally. Perhaps I'll tackle potter's wheel tomorrow...

No comments: