Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The eiffel tower to a parisian.

I am SLACKING in my blogging. My sincerest apologies friends.

When I sit in my bed and look straight ahead, there are pictures of four different angles of Paris. Paris has fascinated me for such a long time, before I even began attempting to learn french in high school Paris was a city that caught my attention. I had never met a parisian before so i'm not sure really what captured my attention, it was probably a city featured in some disney movie. Anyway..
These pictures They're incredible. I haven't looked up the photographer but I have them via a calendar from about 5 years ago. I love photos. Love them. The photos that generally strike me the most are of a structure (building, fence, lightpost...etc.). Things that don't move... it's not that one moment in time has created this image. The image can be taken over, and over, and over, and over again. Like the eiffel tower framed by an intricate gate. It's beautiful. The picture is incredible (almost unbelievable).. and yet this same image exists day after day. This thought process leads to photographic apathy from time to time... especially in the every day. The places where you live. Have you ever seen something so cool and pretty.. and you've thought... hm that'd be a cool picture... then realized how many people have seen the exact same thing so you don't waste the time.... but when you travel its so easy to take pictures... because it might be the only time that you see this place this certain image (such as the eiffel tower) but standing across from the picturesque downtown athens I don't feel the need to take the picture.
i'm rambling again. I'm tempted to break out the corduroy Toms... fall is cOMING!

No comments: