Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Storms

As I leaped out of bed at 4 a.m. completely disoriented at why I was wide awake, because I'm never wide awake immediately after waking up at any time of day, I fumbled for my glasses to look around and evaluate things. Everything seemed in check, exactly where I left it. No other signs of catastrophe, the following crackles explained my alertness and made me aware of the soothing pounding rain on my window. The next crackles were no longer frightening, although the sound and light show was no less abrasive, it became soothing. It had been awhile since we have had a really good thunderstorm. It's one of my favorite things about spring and summer, and I forget what I have to look forward to every year. Many afternoons with a good book and the low rumbles of the incoming storm. It's so long between the first storm of spring and the last storm of summer that I forget the exciting fear involved. It was a good storm.

No comments: