Wednesday, April 20, 2011

sifting through life

It's weeks like this that I really can't formulate a coherent blog. But I desperately need to put into words all that's been going on this week. As I sit down to eat my yogurt and granola for dinner at 10:45pm, that's when i've realized it's been one of those weeks. Many people in my life, when asked about their spiritual lives they say, Pray for the spirit of wisdom and revelation that you might know Him better.
woo hoo. For one reason or another that has been something I've prayed over myself and all I come into contact with for years now. Even with a lack of belief behind the prayer it has been the first to come to mind when entering the place of prayer and intimacy with God.
I've never quite identified and understood that sentence like I have tonight. The teaching was on hearing the voice of the Lord. How do you hear the Lord? Let me weave my thoughts together with this one.
My mind immediately flickers to John 3:29 - "He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made full." :: the friends of the bridegroom wait to hear his voice. To be a friend you recognize the voice and know that it's coming and you rejoice when you hear the voice of someone you love. Hearing the voice of the Lord is to know him well.
"That God may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation that you may know him better" Sometimes the Lord speaks in ways of revelation that are "aha" moments. sometimes he speaks in ways of wisdom that may require some discernment. Each is hearing the lord's voice, which leads you to greater knowledge of him.

prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love. oh how i understand the writer of that song. Bind my wandering heart to thee.

No comments: