Thursday, September 1, 2011

What a year...

    I always like to come to Tate II when I deem outside too warm for my afternoon gap between classes. I like it because I can feel the lingering presence of the Lord here. I believe that what occurs in that place on wednesdays, when hundreds (sometimes thousands) of college students gather together to look to the Lord, is honored throughout the week. The prophetic rooms are long gone, the hustle and bustle leaves as quickly as it came, the sets broken down, and the only rhythm that can be heard is the one produced as my fingers stroke the keys. What remains is the spirit of peace and rest, a room free of distractions, a place set aside to commune with God in thoughts, words, pens, dance, and song. Love.  All that was asked over this room in prayer before the service remains.
    
   At the end of last year I was really confident that I have this one last year left in Athens. At the beginning of this year I remembered that and said, Lord challenge me this year. Let me tell you. Oh hey challenges. welcome to my life. The good kind that are outside of your comfort zone and stretch and grow you. And those kinds that you just don't know what to do with. All that to say, As I sit in the corner piano room on the 5th floor and look out the window at Athens the only thing that comes to my mind is:

It's going to be an exciting year. 
Athens will be changed. 
I will be changed. 
you, my friend, will be changed. 
facts of life. 
All I know is, 
i'm excited. 
I'm expectant. 

#OperationGraduate2012

No comments: