Sunday, December 18, 2011

A heart that burns.

I've been at a loss of words these days. The days when a writer doesn't want to write anymore. I've been hiding for a few days now and still I have no words. This season the words are sparse. Two thousand eleven went fast than a single month from two thousand nine. When you're on top of the world time seems to go at the pace that your heart wishes to go. As a freshmen I was perfectly content with where I was, what I was doing, who I was with, and had no intentions of being anywhere else. As a sophomore my heart moved faster than I knew it was going to. She was no longer content. She'd found a place that her heart beat faster for. Junior year she rebelled against the place her heart wanted to be and by senior year she turned back to the place where her heart beat faster. The problem all along was her fixation upon location and not the reality of fascination. Her heart now moves faster than she will allow it. She's no longer content. no longer satisfied. with any place. with any people. She wants to return to her secret place. She'll know when she finds it,  because her heart will burn from within. Her heart knows even when her eyes are prevented from seeing. 

They said to one another, " Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the Scriptures to us?"