Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUeX1HnyGv8

This song used to come on at Starbucks everyday in the midst of all the chaos. Some people working would get annoyed by the repetitive quality of the song. Every. Single. Day. It relaxed my inner most being. At risk of sounding like "that's so portland" or "hippie dippie," the song strikes a chord in my heart. Let me try to explain. To me:

It speaks of transformation. It speaks to transformation. development. constants. progression and regression. beauty from mundane. beauty from the additions to the trudge of life. the monotony that is one day finally broken by the soaring of a spirit. Of a spirit filled with hope. of the changing of seasons.

Each day when it came on. I would nearly tear up at how it could restore my faith in humanity despite the plodding along of the current day.

It's not often that I am so moved by a song... Especially one without language.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea. But I do hope that it effects you the way it does me... it leaves a certain reminder of beauty on my heart. And I think we could all use a reminder of beauty from time to time.

No comments: