Thursday, June 18, 2009

you never forget your first love.

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words."

I've never really liked that quote until tonight. Today was rough.. I think I was more transparent with the interns today than I've ever been with a group of people. vulnerable.  After lunch I think I was walking around with tears just below the surface and brooding thoughts and questions and statements.. waiting to be blurted out. Then I cried (which is good, but a new thing for me) and needed to talk to my friend, Kristin. This summer challenges me. I've been trying to rise to the challenge to grow from that and yadda yadda...but as my friend reminded me, I can't forget my heart in changing my focus. I can't forget where my heart was captured by the Lord. in Love. Not the fatherly love-- that's a new and exciting thing-- the Bride/Bridegroom love. That's what gets me excited. That's my passion. the Ravished heart of the bridegroom. That's my first love. 
They say you never forget your first love. I'm good with that. 




2 comments:

Cory Hallett said...

Amelia, I'm so glad that you are here this summer. It is not an accident that you are an intern, and I believe that God is pouring things in you that will change your life forever. I just wanted to say that I love this post about the heart of the bridegroom. His heart burns for you and He desires you more than you know. You never cease to make me smile (sunshine). Always be yourself and keeping falling in love with Jesus-your bridegroom. Holla

Burning One

kurt said...

that was bold what you did. you definitely raised the standard in our group and the level that we go for it together. I am really impressed.