Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Alone Time & Organization.

I love people... but when I get to the point where I'm done and don't want to be around people anymore I become a little bit of a cranky pants. That's when I know... It's time for some Alone time. It's really easy for us to get so caught up in always doing things, accomplishing goals, succeeding, serving others... that we forget to take some time for ourselves. I didn't know what this meant till this school year in Athens. Before then, I just took my room for granted. There is something so significant about closing your door when you get alone with the Lord. In case you haven't picked up on it, I'm a big advocate for the alone time. Tonight I was at monday night bible study, and just hit a point where I didn't want to talk to anyone and I wanted to be home and able to just bebop around and do my thing. So I left early : )
Earlier this summer I told you a little bit about being organized this summer. Let me update you. I put all the intern schedule stuff in my ical but haven't opened ical since then. So I still don't use a calendar. My room is lookin a little on the junky side. So I haven't really done a lot in this department. I still use the stickies applications to be somewhat organized. Meaning I use them. And all my lists are all mixed in together there isn't really a logical order to ANY of it. But I'm okay with that. I DONT like being organized. I don't function well in organization. Routine.. yeah i think that's good. With disruptions... DUH. What stirred these updates of my organization is that I somehow ended up with a specifically ordered list of what to read in the bible for the next few months. Since last time I had to make a schedule it took me 2 hours to write it on a notecard (not joking. )... I know that it had to be the Lord. ha ha.

No comments: