Friday, July 31, 2009

the Big Picture


"It'll be interesting to see where this summer fits into the big picture of your life"

That's exactly how I feel right now. This summer has been incredible. I've learned how to work through some things. I've been tested in keeping my words honoring to some people. I've cried. I've learned. I've had some great memories. I've met an entire new crew of friends. I've moved. I've laughed. I've been challenged. I've done things that made me uncomfortable or that I really didn't want to do... in one of those it's out of my comfort zone so i'd really just rather not do it.. and stick to what I know ways. I've developed/received a strategy for eating the Word. I've had many sleepless nights. many more than you know. I've taken a couple miniature road trips, (one of the best ways to get to know people!) I've drank a lot of coffee. Had a lot of sleepovers. Written lots of blogs. Filled countless pages in my journal. Been to summer camp. Played some games. I've read a few books. Learned a thing or two about kids & puppets. Acquired some new music. Accomplished a few goals. Realized I don't really know what I want to do in life... At all. Fallen apart like humpty dumpty and allowing Jesus to put the pieces back together again. Spent way to many evenings at Marietta Square. Taken a few naps in my hammock. Watched a few sunrises. Discovered new goals for life & new interests. Kept in contact with some old friends. Cracked a few jokes. Played frisbee. doodled. Had a few surprise encounters with my future roomie!:) Made a friend or two that didn't even live here this
summer!

You get the point, I could go on and on with all the things that have happened over the last 11 weeks. They've been amazing. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to spend time in Kennesaw/Marietta at Riverstone & with the McLendon's. but what I'm most interested in is summed up in the words of a woman I've really grown to love this summer, Tanya Burruss, "It'll be interesting to see where this summer fits into the big picture of your life." All I can see right now are the immediate rewards of this summer- and they are plenty. How much more will I be able to see with hindsight?
So as I gear up to head back to the things that beckon me home to the coast, I'm watchful of how my home at Riverstone is yet another color on my canvas - somehow working with everything else to create the bigger picture, that I don't yet know.

No comments: