Thursday, July 16, 2009

Smell Your Bad Breath Close.

There's this person called Jake Hamilton. His CD has been played probably a MILLION times in youth this summer. Usually that annoys me. I'm that person that likes music that not many people listen to. I like the nobodys that aren't that popular. Yet I love Jake Hamilton & He's ALL over the place. The only reason I can conclude as to why I like Jake Ham even though he's played all the time.. is that I love his lyrics. This is the opening of his song The Anthem:

I can hear the footsteps of my King
I can hear his heartbeat beckoning
In my darkness he has set me free
Now I hear the spirit calling me
He's calling WAke UP CHILD
ITs your time to shine
You were born for such a time as this
He's calling WAke UP CHILD
ITs your time to shine
You were born for such a time as this

Those first two lines kind of give me chills. Have you ever been in a quiet still room in the dark.. and someone comes in and walks around and as they move closer to you, you can hear their heartbeat? its awesome to think of this image with Jesus. How he's drawing in closer and closer and you can hear his footsteps and the direction and pace at which he is going. And hearing his heartbeat. That's close. That's like smell your bad breath close. :)



No comments: