Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sweet & Salty.

When I blog I'm always torn do I write about all the little funny interesting events that happened in my life today, or do I tell you about whatever has been on my mind today. A lot of times I do a little bit of both. Sweet & Salty. Commonly accepted to be a good combo.
[sweet]. Do you have a list of things that you love? I do. They're things like... climbing a tree, waving my arm out the window, watching a space shuttle launch, taking naps outside, turning around to see the groom's face when he first sees his bride at weddings, picnics in parks, beginning a day on an adventure and seeing where it takes you --without a plan, & sitting in a coffee shop having a good conversation.. added to that list today is turning the last page of a book. I love that feeling of finishing a book. Accomplishment. [&].
[salty]. All day I've been troubled by my thoughts. You know when your thoughts make you very uncomfortable and they seem so weighty that you feel pressure to think them through to come to a conclusion. I realized when I was just sitting by myself earlier, taking a break from the chaos of changing a class during drop/add period, that I was scowling. I wasn't doing anything but thinking... I was scowling at my thoughts. As I write this I have a furrowed brow. I've been thinking about my major. Which leads to thoughts of my minor. Which leads to thoughts of what I want to do with my life... and off on many other paths my mind goes. I think my troubles came from these questions though... What do I want to do with my life? I used to be among the few with a plan and no doubts. Now, the only thing I can say with certainty is that I am supposed to be at UGA. International Affairs? or Religion? or Linguistics? or Political Science? or Social Work? History? Creative Writing? & a minor... African Languages? French? Poli Sci? Reli? Non-Profit Organizations?

The best question of them all, the age old question that has stood the test of time: "What do you want to do with your life?"

Maybe I need some life coaching... Where I already know the answer It just needs to come out of me. Or maybe I do know the answer. But I don't want to accept it.

No comments: