Thursday, September 10, 2009

BAM!

hiding. common theme on the blog. I guess I'm really an [introvert.] Yesterday in herty field I had a discussion with people about thinking positively. Dana referenced Job and there was a part she read that talked about the friends coming and kind of being like... you've done something wrong. fix it. or something. [maybe i should be a bit more factual in my explanations] That got me thinking about our roles as friends in other people's thinking. If someone has all this junk instead of perpetuating the negativity... we should be a reminder of the positive. Praise the Lord.
we talk about the Heart of God. my thoughts: what does the physical heart of God look like? i don't know. we're made in his image right? but does that mean we look like him or we have characteristics like him? but either way... what does his physical heart look like.. BAM.
this morning I woke up at around 7... and the sun was not out. How about that for no motivation to get out of bed! So I hopped up, threw on some clothes, then hopped back in bed for "just a few more minutes" before I had to leave at 7:20. I woke up at 7:50. yikes.

I ran out the door.[possibly so fast that i forgot my house key... I should check on that]. back to the story. I was SO late to religion. I hope to sneak in to the back ... then my prof calls me out & asks me something about myths in religion. [I make that junk up.] So because I was late to class I was in the back with people I'm not normally with... we do a lot of group discussions. Today we interviewed each other about our religious beliefs.

I had the pleasure of talking to a hare krishna hindu about well her religion... and then about mine. She was really interested in what I was saying. She then stopped and said, "I don't mean to offend you. But none of your beliefs have been what other Christians have told me throughout the years. Why do yours sound so different?"
Turns out. Being late to class was awesome. I should do it more often. & To think... I was a minute away from skipping. Praise the Lord for being late, called out, maybe locked out of my house, & lacking coffee.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I've been described by someone before as a "secure introvert". I debated with them-thinking surely I'm an extrovert as I'm having to speak in front of people all the time and my view of introvert wasn't me. She then explained a "secure introvert" is someone that does perfectly fine in the presence of others--but where she finds her strength and source is alone. Huh. Yeah, pegged. I think that might be you too! :)