Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Start Date: November 1, 2009
End Date: July 29, 2012
1. Go skydiving
2. Get 100 photographs printed (0/100)
3. Read a minimum of a book a month (1/33)
a. The Shack by William P. Young
4. Learn a new craft
Buy a dress & Wear it. (11/01/09)
6. Have a friendship that depends on snail mail
7. Take my mom on a trip
8. Do a Time Lapse Photography project
9. Watch the sun set & rise from the same spot in the same day.
10. Watch a meteor shower
11. Locate a constellation I don’t already know
12. Get a Passport
13. Watch all the movies from the AFI 100 Movie List – if I’ve already seen them watch them again(3/100)
14. Carry my camera with me everyday for 2 weeks (0/14)
15. Be confident in my fire building skills
16. Listen to every song on my computer without skipping through it. (0/2887)
17. Go to a Museum I’ve never been to before.
18. Travel by train somewhere with someone.
19. Go to a state I haven’t gone to yet
20. Go on a walk everyday for a week
21. Go on an adventure.
22. Ride on a Hot Air Balloon
23. Watch the Sunrise every morning for a month.
24. Buy a New bookbag
25. Spend the Afternoon/Morning/Evening with a stranger
26. Learn to drive
27. Take a picture with Uga.
28. Adopt an Accent for an Entire Day
29. Steal a Road Sign
30. Have a food fight
31. Speak another language fluently.
32. Volunteer (0/12)
33. Go on a picnic
34. Jump off a cliff
35. Go to 5 National Parks & explore (0/5)
36. Take a picture of stars
37. Make my Mark on 100 things. (0/100)
38. Learn to Carve something
39. Carve my name in a tree.
40. Draw a Tree that I’m satisfied with
41. Spend a Day at a Festival
42. Ride a Ladder like in Beauty and the Beast.
43. Take furniture or objects to a field and have a photoshoot.
44. Travel across country
45. Read 1,001 nights b
46. Get a pedicure again.
47. Make Hummus
48. Make Sushi
49. Accept and Complete a Challenge proposed by Someone.
50. Learn to play a New card game (maybe poker)
51. Bury a Time Capsule
52. Do something I would never do.
53. Learn to sew
54. Geo Chacheing
55. Use the bathroom in every building on Campus (dorms not included)
56. Wash my hair everyday for 10 days (10/10)
57. wear Ruffles.
58. Follow Sleep Schedule for a week(0/7)
59. Accesorize everyday for a week(0/7)
60. Write a song
61. Plant a Tree (for future lists visit this tree)
62. build something.
63. Random Act of Kindness Day
64. Eat everything off a menu from a particular restaurant
65. do a city wide scavenger hunt
66. [secret from Ginger’s eyes]
67. Successfully complete the Sporcle World Capitals Quiz
68. Tunnel under stadium
69. Straighten my hair (since hair cut)
70. Spend 24 hrs @ WaHo
71. Check out a book from the library
72. Learn how to dance without stepping on someone’s toes
73. Pick Apples
74. Make & Eat Crème Brulee
75. Eat @ a Thai place
76. Paint the Road @ Tate
77. Walk Under the Arch
78. 5 movies. 5 dollars. 5 days. = Vision Video
79. Go see an opera.
80. Cut down my own Christmas Tree
81. steal an entire set of snelling dishware
82. buy a new pair of chacos
83. try unicycling
84. walk on stilts
85. drink 8 cups of water a day for a month.
86. Dress cute everyday for a week.
87. Go through one topic in the concordance in my bible
88. Read one letter of the encylopedia
89. Make or finish moccasins 90. Do 1 crossword puzzle a week for a month
91. Read the newps paper for 1 month
92. Learn to do a cartwheel
93. go to a monster truck thingy
94. pick a director & watch all of his/hers movies.
95. Watch braveheart
96. Go skiing
97. Don’t skip math class anymore
98. Milk a Cow
99. Prank someone for a week
100. Fly a kite
101. Pick a 4 leaf Clover