Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Put it On Repeat.

so when I read the bible.. I usually stick to just the smaller "fun size" bible [you know like the smaller candy bars are always called fun size] .
Earlier this year I decided I wanted a study bible... but couldn't afford one. Then I just found one in my house at home. Praise the Lord. it was wonderful.... then it's just fat and doesn't fit well near my bed.. So it gets pushed to the side and I forget to use it. this is another one of those moments where i realize my blog will be a lot longer than it actually could be. oh well... you read. :) Not sure where i was actually going with that story... oh well.... MOVING ON.
I don't know about you... but i subscribe to the thought that you should move as fast or slow through the Word as you think fit. I was in a small group that took a year + to go through Philippians. I spent how long of my time in Song of Solomon? for real. Slow is good. What happens is... i get hooked on one verse. And can just read it... over. and over. and over again. Sometimes without any particular revelation of it at all....just put it on repeat.

Here's where i'm at these days:
"Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts. I did not sit in the circle of merrymakers, Nor did I exult. Because of Your hand upon me I sat alone, For You filled me with indignation" - Jeremiah 15:17

I frequently have the thought... life would be simpler. easier. if I were alone. not in that creepy loner way... just maybe a couple close friends... & jesus. It is though. The more people you start sharing life with.... the more complicated it gets. It becomes so much harder. I crave that alone time sometimes. More than alone time. I do that. It's the not even thoughts of other things just one thought. In life... alone time with one thought in mind has been so good. oh so good. The times I spent alone with the Lord.... they've been the best times of growth and learning ever. I crave those. Except... I realized. I'm not called to alone time right now. I want it because it's comfortable. The familiarity makes it easy. It's hard adjusting to life now.. It's meant to be hard. I know. but let me tell you.... it is hard.

No comments: