Wednesday, April 21, 2010

it's wednesday.

When I am Overwhelmed
I will overcome
My Battle Has Been Won
There are three thoughts with this...
1. If you've been around in Christian churches for about any amount of time, you've probably heard something along the lines of "Victory in Jesus" or "God is good. My battle is already won" or "in the end I know who wins!" I've always heard those anyway.... But they've always had a very broad meaning. Like some large battle is raging and I'm not affected by it... like it is outside my realm of control.... that stuff's between Jesus and the Enemy. right?
but i like the line of this song... it struck me last sunday.... "MY Battle has been Won."... yeah in the End Jesus is victorious... but I am victorious. My battle has been won. Whatever I am going through... whatever is standing against me... I stand up proudly and say.... I WIN. MY TURN. you've been defeated. I guess its like on your taxes where you have to report if anything has been paid on your behalf... yep. My battle has been won.
2. Do we even need to talk about what the first line of this song means... I am a very overwhelmed person. I always kind of feel overwhelmed... I don't know if it is because I just don't know how to handle all the things in my life... or if it is because I just let things impact me in a greater way than what's normal. I don't know..
3. I will overcome. The end. It is okay to be overwhelmed... I would prefer to be Over-whelmed than Under-Whelmed... you know?

HAPPY GREEK PIZZA WEDNESDAY!!!

Side note: I hope I didn't completely butcher the lines of Mr. Bashta's latest. =P

No comments: