Monday, August 9, 2010

Wearing your belt backwards.

As you might've noticed, I've been on a writing hiatus for the last few weeks. monthish. take or give some. I've not been able to put into words my life, so I quit trying to put it into words, I just took it in. I'm still taking it in. It being life, contrary to popular belief- it is not referring to the absurd amount of cadbury dairy milk sweets in my room, it and life are synonymous. To awkwardify the air more than it already has, I have to break the ice - I put my belt on backwards.
You have no idea how much this has messed with me all night. As I was clasping it, I said... I just put this on different I always have laced it through the left side come out on the right side... not this time. I did it the other way. And what messed with me all night is I was okay with it. I liked it. Remember the PB&J marathon of last summer? How would I ever know if I liked the pbj a different way unless I tried them. (all joking aside, this was a legit problem, dilemma, and now success) this belt situation was like, I'm comfortable trying things different from the way I've always done them. How will I know if I'm not bomb at something unless I try it? How will I know that I'm not the next sticky note inventor... there's only one way.
Here we are again, first few nights in a new living arrangement for the year. I feel a weight for this year... not a burdensome weight. Just entering into a time of significance.
First night with the roommates and we've already stayed up late talking about the Lord and what we're learning, what's new, and what we believe is gonna go down around this town this year. (yes, i like to bust a rhyme now and again... don't shake your head in judgement at me ;)

For those of you keeping score at home, you might be demanding words about my trip. All I can say for now is... Thank you. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for praying for me while I was there. Thank you for meeting me.... I really don't have words for you yet. I don't have words to express what I've encountered or felt or anything from those two weeks. (i've barely gotten words out in the journal...) I promise you I shall get to them sometime soon. but for now, Thank You. The Lord has blessed me with provision for this trip and more so with His presence on the trip! stay tuned..


No comments: