Sunday, June 19, 2011

burrmorgeti beach week!

Beach week with the BurrMorgEti crew. All is well with my soul when I can take my normal habit of walking and praying... and put it on sand next to an ocean. What a good day that is. What a good visit that is.

On the way to the latest newlywed's ceremony in Macon stuff made since. Don't you love when that happens? I'll share with you one of my secrets from the secret place (buhhhdum-chhh). So I don't have a set schedule of what I read in the bible. It's hard for me. I usually have a general idea of where I'm going next whenever I get to that moment of "next," but as for # of chapters per day and yada... no good for me. I never read more .. until I have searched through what I just read. (not to knock on reading schedules. So useful. I know tons and tons of people who that is their jam. but if anyone out there is getting frustrated at themselves. be encouraged. )

You follow?

So i've been sticking on this part of Ezekiel. I've read it probably 100 times in the last week. Cause I wanted it to sink in. I didn't want to miss something. I had heard a message from Graham Cooke earlier this week and honestly ( i got sidetracked... it was good though ) but the statement that really struck me was something to the effect of...

All of God's wrath was poured upon Jesus. So He has none left. It was all on Jesus and he has none left for you.

stay with me... this is good.
in Ezekiel 22:30
"So I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one. Thus I have poured out my indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath; their way I have brought upon their heads," declares the Lord"

God was looking for someone who would stand in the gap for the sins of Israel. He didn't want to destroy it. He wanted an intercessor.

"Therefore he is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. " Hebrews 7:25

"...Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." Romans 8:34

Jesus is an intercessor.

rewind with me to the statement:
All of God's wrath was poured upon Jesus. So He has none left. It was all on Jesus and he has none left for you. (there's a bit more to this message me and i can send you the link to the video. )
all of God's wrath. on Jesus. None for me.

God wants an intercessor. He wants to not to destroy his people. (rebelling). He doesn't want to pour out his wrath. He says that if someone who stand on behalf of his people he'd hold it all back.

Jesus is an intercessor.
Jesus is seated at the right hand of the father.
An intercessor is seated at the right hand of the father.
Jesus stands in the gap. so that God has no more wrath.
He. forever. stands in the gap. his position is
to intercede
at the right hand of God.
Is this sinking in with you? Because is gripped me.


JESUS.
an intercessor,
is interceding, forever,
outside of time,
at the right hand of
his father,
outside of death,
on behalf of you.
who in your nature,
is sinful.

Jesus,
is interceding
for a world that is grumbling
with growing pains.
Jesus is an intercessor.
For a generation.
Stuck in Chaos and Confusion.
He is interceding
for the world that is turbulent on a good day.
He stands on behalf of that world.
always.

Preventing Wrath.
Allowing Love.
Interceding through love
to Love himself..
allowing love
to be given
and to be received.
to you. from you.



No comments: