Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm Like the Wind

"The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it come from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
John 3:8

i'll even admit to you right now I don't understand this. But sometimes. Your belly [or wherever your spiritual heart is, gut, belly, stomach.. elbow? yeah that deeeeep within you part that leaps at certain things]. Sometimes a part of you leaps out for something and you don't really get it. Like this image from jesus. Man did my gut leap when I read that. Wind is such an image of adventure to me. Going with the flow. Like that opening scene from Forrest Gump:

so is everyone who is born of the spirit.
bam. booyah. my gut says oh yeah. money. Everyone born of the spirit is like the wind. That bit about not knowing where it came from or where its going. UGH. I get fired up reading the verse on repeat and I don't even understand it fully. but when my gut says yes. I claim it.

No comments: